Candace Blevins gets better & better with each book. The character development is the best yet, for all 4 characters! Her books are never 'cookie-cutter', in each one she addresses different fetishes in the BDSM world. Many of which make me uncomfortable, but I always appreciate learning about them, and gaining some measure of understanding.
This author is an 'auto-buy' for me.
IMO, best Candace Blevins yet, & I've read all the previous ones. This one gives us more of 'inside Ethan', getting to know him was a treat. The 'hot scenes' were HOT! 'Being there', rather than being told about them makes all the difference to me. Kudos Candace!
There would be a lot of anorexics!
I'm 19% done with Secrets Uncovered: Very good so far, excellent editing & story telling. I'm definitely going to get & read book 1. I have an advance copy from the author with no obligation.
Have you guys heard?: in this week's 'Entertainment Weekly' there is an article on Amazon's treatment of the Hachette Book Group, and includes Stephen King sounding off on Amazon - he calls it/them hoodlums, & gives his justification of that. I think it's brilliant!
By adding a big fat ginger cat of course.
By Adrian Tomine
We’re happy to announce that the new look and new books are finally here. Are you ready for details and re-discovering BookLikes?
We’ve pointed out new options to make everything clear. The changes were made in several areas: book search and books in general, the look, layout and navigation.
1. You can search all books available on BookLikes via search box on the top of your Dashboard.
2. You can choose Search language (language for book catalogs) in Settings/General. The you’ll look through books in a given language version.
3. When you type Title, ISBN or author in the search box you’ll be moved to the book search results page where you can use a Quick Add to Shelf and Quick Post option.
4. If you won’t find the book, you can search the title in different language. You can choose between 8 languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Dutch.
5. To find a given format, type ISBN or ASIN number in book search box.
6. The search box works as tag search - just choose books or tags in search results.
Upcoming: more book language catalogs.
1. Book Pages present a given title, editions, most recent reviews by BookLikes Community, reviews from people you follow on BookLikes and your private notes.
2. To go to the book page of a given title click the book cover and “Book Page”.
3. Majority of book editions are joined together, you can look through other editions of a given title in the Other Editions box on book pages on the right.
Upcoming: - The page of Other Editions (with info of format and language) with Quick Add to Shelf and Quick Post option.
- Advanced shelving options.
- All BookLikes Community reviews.
- Book moderators to edit, combine and add book information.
1. Dashboard received a renewed look with easy to follow navigation; new menu is on the left.
2. The Menu presents all BookLikes options:
- personal: Dashboard, Blog, Shelf and Timeline;
- community: Explore, Discussions, Friends;
- extras: Giveaways, Daily Deals, Goodies with widgets and reading challenge;
- set up: settings.
3. Messages and notifications have a shared place on the top next to the menu.
4. Reading Challenge is moved to the top so now it’s really easy to follow your reading progress. To see you Challenge books, click the Reading Challenge title.
Upcoming: New book related and community related dashboard features.
As you can see BookLikes received a new look. All places and pages were renewed and given a fresh touch. We believe this change makes BookLikes’ layout simpler, brighter and cleaner. You’ll probably need several minutes to get used to it but we must say we’re very happy with the outcome. Hope you’ll love it too.
Upcoming: more renewed looks.
Important: Your books, reviews and posts should be just fine and in the right place. However, due to big changes to book database and all book-related options on BookLikes, some minor changes on your shelves are possible (e.g. book covers and editions).
We did all to make this big change as smooth as possible and we’re sorry if we messed your books in any way. We hope that today’s new book options and the upcoming features will sugar the pill of any potential problematic matters.
All options except one stay active on BookLikes. Due to changes to book database we temporarily turned off affiliate programs which will come alive soon with better usability.
We'll continue to make BookLikes special for all book lovers and we’re looking forward to the upcoming changes and new possibilities. We have more to show & reveal. Oh yes, we do :)
If you have any questions or want to give us with feedback, mail us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
New is coming to BookLikes and it's something big. No, it's huge.
We’re working hard on new BookLikes' features and little makeover but we need a few more days to polish them up. We want to present extraordinary, not only ordinary so we decided to postpone today’s release until next Thursday.
Sorry for this delay. We promise it's worth it.
We have another important announcement:
Due to big upcoming changes BookLikes will be down for maintenance for several hours next Thursday (May 22). Just wanted to give you heads up and let you know that all your books and reviews will be safe and sound. We'll be back looking fresh and with new books to shelve.
In the meantime we remind you that you can meet BookLikes Team on Book Expo America 2014 :)
If you wish to say hello, have a small talk and exchange smiles and hugs with us come to Javits Center, New York.
Here's our schedule & where you can find us:
AU Alternate Universe
Omega - The End
Theta - Death
Intertrigo - skin rash
Billy. July 9
Alexis. July 8
shari. June 17, 1961
While all reviews that gave this book a medium to low rating said basically the same thing about the quality of the story & writing, I didn't see where anyone mentions the quality of the copy editing.
Have we gotten to the point that poor editing, even in expensive books by well known authors, is so common that it's acceptable? Shoddy work is now so expected that it's no longer even mentioned, let alone unacceptable. Sorry, I am 'old school', I want what I paid for, a quality product.
I will no longer be giving my money for Nora Roberts or JD Robb books. As a long time fan of both, especially JD Robb, I am equally mad & sad.