Sandi

Sandi

Steve Jobs - Walter Isaacson As a 'geek' who worked in the computer industry for 20 years, (for a company in direct competition with Apple & in a partnership with IBM & Microsoft), I found this book fascinating. I became a big Apple products fan thanks to it, (I'm doing this review on my iPad!). I always knew what an egotistic ass Jobs was, (I had read books about him during those 20 years, & had heard things in the industry). But thanks to the book I understood why Apple is so proprietary, which makes their products 'safer', less vulnerable to viruses & 'hacks'. We had always heard about how user friendly the Apple computers were, but since we were an IBM/MS shop they were not allowed in. In reading the book I found out why their designs were so superior. Yeah, Jobs was an ass, but utterly fascinating to me, & knowing some of the same people, times, places, products, circumstances, etc. also added to my enjoyment. I've always said that God gives the same amount of 'stuff' to everyone, it's just divided up differently; genius gets lots of 'brains' and gets shorted in other areas. This was obviously true with Jobs. I finished the book in 2 days!