Sandi

Sandi

Steam & Spurs - Johnny Stone First let me get the less than positive comments out of the way. Like most ebooks I've read this one could use a good editor. The author's wonderful use of the English language is impacted by the misspellings, incorrect words, & use. This was my first foray into Steam Punk. I don't know how much is typical of the genre, but at first I had a problem with the Laws of Nature and Physics being ignored; such as sitting outside, on the deck of a space ship, in outer space! But then, I decided to just 'go with it' and enjoy the story.

Enjoy it I did. It's a delight to read, it doesn't drag or slow down ever. Johnny, a cowboy, has gone into space for the first time, traveling to a planet on an assignment, he becomes involved with the female commander of the ship, an alien. As I said, the author's word usage is a treat, both in depicting Johnny's emotions, and in the hot sex. For instance, this was the first time I've heard the term 'molten heat' used in a sexual situation where it was applied correctly. It is also the first time I've read a straight, male author where the character development, emotional development, and sexual situations were just as descriptive as the battle scenes.

There's alien kink, BDSM, and HEA, what more could you ask for. I would definitely recommend this book, and plan on reading more of this author.