Sandi

Sandi

The Reluctant Dom - Tymber Dalton,  Lesli Richardson I swear, this book should be titled The Reluctant Reader, except that would be a lousy title for a book! Everyone who gave this book a 5 star review, as I did, felt the same way about it . . . they had had it for awhile, but were reluctant to read it! But so glad we did! I love this book, although it took several days for me to get the emotional distance I needed to be able to write about it.

I truly cannot add anything more to the other 5 star reviews, they say it all, and better. My own personal experience was: I had to take a number of breaks from the book, I found it so intense, so well written that I would be on emotional overload! Not crying, but just so sad. I just 'fell in love' with Kaden. Even though he is not the central character, he was for me. As I told Ms. Dalton, even though I knew what would happen I found myself continually hoping that a miracle would take place and he would live. And, good Lord, after he dies there is even more to love about him!

The insight that Ms. Dalton gives to the BDSM experience, both to sub & Doms, and their feelings & reasons has really broadened & helped me to be more understanding & accepting, not only of 'sadists' & 'masochists' but of my own feelings. I would so recommend her books, & will certainly be reading more of them. Although I hope no more 'grab me by the throat' like this one did, I am not that much of a masochist!