Sandi

Sandi

What I usually consider my favorite quotes...

Reblogged from Debbie's Spurts:

I'm thinking about this because I've gotten a bit of amusement today that goodreads attributed their quote of the day to the wrong author, only off by a couple of millennia and then over on facebook author Barb Hendee asked her followers if they had a favorite quote.  I actually like a lot of quotes—a ton by Robert A. Heinlein, Einstein, Ghandi, Jim C. Hines and others depending on the situation or mood at hand.  Probably my all time go to's are:

from John Lautner (Frank Lloyd Wright apprentice):

"You’re wasting your time if you don’t know how to hold up the roof!"

From Science Fiction author Robert Heinlein

"I have spent too much of my life opening doors for cats—I once calculated that, since the dawn of civilization, nine hundred and seventy-eight man-centuries have been used up that way. I could show you figures."

from George Takei's page a quote from Albert Einstein:

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."

from author Mira Grant (aka Seanan McGuire) in Feed:

“I’m also fascinated by the difference between terror and fear. Fear says, “Do not actually put your hand in the alligator,” while terror says, “Avoid Florida entirely because alligators exist.”

From David Ritchie's eulogy:

"... why it's essential to keep those people who know a thing can't be done from bothering the people who are doing it."